Thursday, May 25, 2006

Me

Today I didn't feel ugly.

I have always felt ugly, I look in the mirror and see a troll staring back. I've never had any skill when it comes to fashion, I am useless at applying make-up and I always get the same recurring pimples. Let's also not forget that I have had one disasterous hair cut after the other and the various hair colours I have picked out have never suited.

But today I didn't feel ugly. I wonder why that is? Nothing has changed except I didn't see a troll looking back, so I smiled.

I can't smile, every photo depicts a grimace and my mouth naturally frowns. But I have a pure smile that usually only my husband sees, but today I got to see it to.

And now I am laughing at the stupidity of it all and suddenly I realise I am content. I have never felt content before, I've always been on edge about one thing or another, unable to relax.

Today I was happy.

8 Comments:

Blogger blank slate said...

Sometimes I worry about you Chuck. And Sirshorn. He's a worry. LilKim likes Southern Comfort, and that's a worry. Brettski's a worry. El Pablo....BIG WORRY (though he's fun to be around). Man i feel like louis the fly. Speaking of which, Manman...well he's a perfectly rounded individual (metaphorically and literally these days) if not too much of a passivist. Hmmm. Why can't you all be more like Manman? Ideally you should all be more like me but well, heh, good luck.

Your a worry Chuck.

PG OUT

10:34 pm  
Blogger Lil Kim said...

I don't think you're a worry chuckles, as a matter of fact I think you're awesome!
I like the way you dress, it's funky!
No-one really knows how to apply makeup... it's one of those things you'll find out the answer to, WHEN YOU DIE! (That was not a threat)
Everyone gets those annoying pimples (I get them on my chin now - like a real grown-up woman should. teehee)
And the hair? Be daring... but not so daring as to get fired.

I TREASURE YOUR FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Ever since I've known you I'd have to say I've never noticed any troll like qualities. You've always been hard headed, that's true but your kind, thoughtful (except when it comes to 3 legged dogs... and my forehead)and honest amongst many other wonderful things.
The beautiful person you are on the inside shines through and that's what makes you GEORGOUS on the outside!
I love you chuckles Xx

1:43 pm  
Blogger blank slate said...

....and she doesn't like southern comfort......you forgot to compliment her on that..... :)

11:02 pm  
Blogger Pablo said...

It's not your ONLY flaw, it's just the only well-rounded flaw.

I'm sure that was funnier in my head.

10:14 pm  
Blogger blank slate said...

Well it wouldn't be hard. You know. What with that being so unfunny and all. How could it fail to be funnier in your head? It certianly couldn't be more unfunny in your head. I suppose it could be just as unfunny but why would u post it? Why? Because your a sick, sick, sick puppy. That's why.

Wooo!
PG OUT

11:51 pm  
Blogger Pablo said...

Arf.

8:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are SO going to get a canine-inspired birthday present this friday.....

4:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home