Tuesday, May 02, 2006

If I had a $1,000,000

I was standing in my kitchen this evening making a banana smoothie and eyeballing my dishes. I hate dishes, and I couldn't help but question why I always live in houses that have no dishwasher. Dishwasher's should be mandatory and then I wouldn't have to wash the dishes!

My eyes then averted to my once more flooded laundry room. I am incapable of doing any type of washing without the room flooding, apparently it is a pipe issue and has something to with tree roots. The easy answer would be to go to a laundromat but why do that when I have a washing machine, so I eyeball the pool of water once more.

Then the Barenaked Ladies enter my head as I start humming 'If I had a $1,000,000', now if I had written that song I would have been singing about getting a maid and driver rather than buying a monkey and a green dress.

If I had a $1,000,000 I would ensure that I never had to clean again and that I always had a lift home to my comfy bed when drunk. Some would argue that is what taxi's are for but quite frankly I don't trust them.

And now I look at my carpet and think, I really have to vacuum.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And not just any washing machine, Paul's Super Swank Washing machine 5000!

11:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, imagine if you had someone to drive you home when you were drunk...

3:17 pm  
Blogger KimB said...

I don't think I could let a maid wash my undies... but if I had $1,000,000 I'm sure I'd get used to it :P

8:39 pm  
Blogger whoisjobe said...

i hate dishes too.....ugh...even now that I live in a loft with one, I still find myself procrastinating dishes....

if I had a million dollars, I'd invest half, and use the other half to travel the world, take pictures, and write about it!

great dialogue starter....!

jobe

4:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home